Here are the first key questions to ask:-
- What do we do well and why?
- What will our market place look like in three to five years' time?
- What's driving that change and where will they take the market
- What opportunities do those changes provide us
- How do we position the organisation to maximise our competitive advantage in that market.
Having a defined strategy also provides companies with a clear vision of the future, which is why companies such as Sheffield Forgemasters has emerged in a declining market as so successful. After a buyout in 2003 led by Graham Honeyman CBE, he has successfully grown from £38 million in 2003 to £117 million in 2010, by focusing on high value export markets.
This can be through careful evolution of companies such as Sustainability which demonstrates it vision in everything it does and its values also reflects the way it operates as a business advocating sustainability to business globally.
Pulling people together
Values and Culture
Focus on the future
Looking to learn how to take the guess work out of your business success? Then see our video development programme, click here: www.cowdenconsulting.co.uk
If you would like to learn how we help companies successfully grow and develop, then get in touch with us by clicking Contact Cowden Consulting to see how we can help you grow and develop.
|Strategy: The Leader's Role by Richard Gourlay|