The problem with social media is that people are always trying to sell on first meeting, like a new toy everyone wants to play with and some that just doing social media is like selling online. This inevitably fails. Why? Well it is like walking up to someone at a networking event shaking their hand, giving them your name and saying do you want to buy my product/service? What is the chance of success? Even for the most successful sales person it is going to be zero, or worse, even a realistic prospect will be turned off by this approach, because the audience does not know you, your products / services and is not tuned into to thinking about their needs or wants at that time.
Social media is not The Wolf of Wall Street
7 Steps in Social Media Marketing
- Define your target customers and routes to them through researching target customers social media activity
- Connect to them using social media and identify conversations with them and direct them to open conversations on premises.
- Look at who is responding and looking for further information, support them with further information and options.
- Invite them to join your online communities (LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest etc)
- Connect with them personally with further information and add them to your existing marketing database, marketing as part of the funnel development.
- Listen to their engagement with you to engage with them when they are researching relocation.
- Then and only then can you can start selling to them.
Social Media Marketing
You never sell and then market. Marketing is about identifying and targeting the right prospects who you then move at their pace towards your products and services. Once the customer moves towards you then you can market to them until they are ready to be sold to. By marketing effectively first you can then sell efficiently to customers. So market yourself online first and then sell to buyers really to buy.
Learn more at www.richardgourlay.com